Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: Perfect Optimizer

I recently had a major headache with my PC.
It was freezing badly so I decided to give it a healthy, long overdue reboot.

Not sure what had happened the poor old thing, but it refused to boot up, instead informing me the system32 files were missing or corrupt.

Ouch.

Using another machine, I found a fix and proceeded to jump the necessary hoops.
DOS prompts and safe-mode boots and so on...
Eventually I was able to log in to my familiar cluttered desktop and began normal proceedings.

Alas, there was something or another yet awry. Software was acting strangely and installs weren't completing.
An error code search led me to download and try (and then register) Perfect Optimizer.

It promises to clean, tidy and generally improve the running of your PC.
Certainly as it scans and reveals information about how borked your machine is, it seems to know what it's doing.

It counts into the hundreds, if not thousands of registry anomalies and claims gigs of data as 'clutter' among other signs of digital disease in the bowels of the OS.

The trial version will fix a very limited amount of problems.
Only after registering the product will the registry be even touched.

Having registered (almost $40) and gratefully clicking 'fix all', Perfect Optimizer does its thing and proudly claims your computer as '100 healthy'. 100 what, we can't be sure, but PO seems confident.

One issue I had before running the package was that my Anti-virus wouldn't update.
That was fixed after running Perfect Optimizer, but the issue has since returned, which leads me to dread that certain issues remain (and that things could get far worse without an updated anti-virus).

So, my verdict this time can't be very conclusive...

Is 'Perfect Optimizer' any use?
Verdict: Seems to be on the surface, but I'm too scared to risk a reboot!

3 comments:

  1. Actions speak louder than words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your computer issues work out!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many programs out there that claim to do this cleanup/refreshing of your PC, I'd be interested to see how they work side by side. But anyways, good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete